On Thursday 04 September 2003 10:56, Martin Konold wrote: > > That does not, however, mean that I want everyone to be able to use my > > GnuPG key > > Your goal is impossible to be reached! > > Everyone having root access to your machine is easily capable to steal your > passwords/idendentity without you even noticing. The Unix/Linux security > model simply provides _no_ means to be save from a malicious root. Well, sure. It's all about the right limits. There is a difference between a) installing trojan horses and steal your passphrase and b) click in kmail/kgpg Security is always about limits - so just because any limit can be worked around, we don't have to lower our limits. Greetings, Stephan -- There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.