List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWallet integration
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-04 7:10:49

On Thursday 04 September 2003 08:08, Martin Konold wrote:

> KDE provides for friends and children in need to check their webmail etc. a
> nice offer to open another session for them if the screen is locked
> currently.
Hmm, this seems flawed to me. I'm not sure how much the current CVS
reflects how kwallet will look like, but currently I don't get any questions
asked - it seems to just put all stuff in the wallet, if I consider this safe enough
or not. At least I consider that screwed - I leave my computer unlocked most
of the time, because everyone in the office knows the root password anyway :)

That doesn't mean, I want all my passwords wide open - at least not without
confirmation. Currently kwallet integration appears very imature to me and I
told George, but of course he needs to have it in CVS to get feedback. So don't
defend the current state, but give him constructive feedback.

When my mother visits me and wants to read her web mail, I open a konqueror
for her and don't want to tell her, that I need to create another account because
konqueror is unable to differ two persons on web mailers. Sorry: that easy.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.