List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KWallet integration
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2003-09-03 17:01:35

> > And further, for example at some of our public terminals at work that run
> > KDE we would want to disable KWallet completely...
>
> See KControl. According to George there is an option there to disable the use
> of wallets globally.

If there is, I'd like to know where. All HEAD KControl gives me is a file
tree usr/ expanding all the way to local/kde/share/ etcetera having all
.desktops together. "Passwords" didn't offer me a way to manage my wallets
(I assume one user can have different wallets, say one for work and one for
private use), set passwords.. etcetera.

Also, I hope George and Waldo can integrate disabling wallets within the
kiosk framework.

I indeed also got the "enter your KWallet" dialog and refuse to click
anything but Cancel until there's a better widget. The backend might be
good, but KDE's strength should be the user interface, no?

(end of rant.. just a bit pissed I updated HEAD against better judgement..
so many regressions all over the place..)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."