On Thursday 28 August 2003 13:48, Ralf Nolden wrote: > On Donnerstag, 28. August 2003 13:30, Josef Weidendorfer wrote: > > On Thursday 28 August 2003 12:05, Andras Mantia wrote: > > > [...] > > > You can always make a separate release. Many applications do that, > > > including Quanta, as we also support KDE 3.0. Personally I don't use > > > cvs2dist, but I do it manually. It's not so hard. ;-) The only problem Just checked a little bit. Seems more difficult if you don't have a module on your own. E.g. I can't insert a configure.in.in with "#MIN_CONFIG(3)". And where to put my version number? I used to let automake create kcachegrind.spec/.lsm with the version number from configure.in.in... > > > can be commits by other people which break compilation on KDE 3.0, so > > > you must watch carefully the commit logs and try to compile it on KDE > > > 3.0 from time-to-time. > > > > Ah, yes. > > As I'm developing myself with KDE 3.1, I already have the same issue with > > my own commits ;-) > > > > Nice to know that there are other apps in KDE CVS which support KDE 3.0, > > too. > > So, where's the code in kdesdk ? I thought you already did that on sunday/ > monday :)) I did already some code preparation like adding GPL headers everywhere. But replacing all qDebug with kdDebug will keep me busy for hours ;-) I will give it a try later on, and I think I will put "kcachegrind" in DO_NOT_COMPILE first, enabling compiling after positive feedback. I think I won't import calltree, as that's an independent package. Or do you think putting it into kdesdk/kcachegrind with conditional compiling depending on existance of a supported valgrind installation makes sense? Josef