List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reversions
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-27 16:12:44

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 17:44, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Wednesday August 27, 2003 8:27 am, David Faure wrote:
> > The status of maintainer of an application (within the KDE CVS)
> > DOES NOT give you all possible rights with it.
>
> But Mr. Cullmann claimed the same thing and you make no revert request.

Except that he happened to do what the majority of KDE contributors agree with:
showing our support for the fight against software patents. Remember how we had
a link to the anti-patent site for EVER on the frontpage? Where were you then?

A revert request WAS made when someone committed an "old europe" credit,
as Scott just reminded us. The revert request for your nonsense remains,
and action WILL be taken if it doesn't happen.

> [more nonsense]
... see Matz's last too mails to you

> I'm perfectly agreeable to reverting both, and adding to the CVS Policy
> that no such political commits be allowed ever again.  But you can't have
> it both ways, Mr. Faure.  Removing www.kde.org's top page has more impact
> than four about boxes ever will.
Stop confusing everything. Being against software patents is NOT "politics",
and is NOT something new for the KDE front page anyway.

Enough from me, back to actual bugfixing.