List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Software patent protest, could kde participate ?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2003-08-26 23:29:16

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 11:15:19PM +0200, Piotr Szymanski wrote:
> This depends, from what Im gathering around the net a very big part (I dont
> want to say all, but its close to it)  is going to protest against patents,
> isnt KDE a part of a bigger community? Not that my vote matters, but it might
> be better even from a PR perspective to stand along the side of community
> instead of saying "we dont know what we think about it".

http://www.fsfeurope.org/

Open, no link.

http://eff.org/

Open, no link.

Same for FSF, GNU, Freshmeat, Slashdot, Linux.org, GNOME.org.. oh yes, a
very big part.

I'm sorry but this was just rushed into and form a PR perspective thowing
down websites is a bad idea, generally.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."