On Tuesday 26 August 2003 17:49, Christophe Devriese wrote: > On Tuesday 26 August 2003 16:16, Maksim Orlovich wrote: > > Last I checked KDE did not force anyone to license apps with GPL, > > nor made statements advancing goals of the FSF. And I am pretty > > sure that a large portion of KDE people will say that they do not > > agree with its goals, but just use it for practical reasons. So I > > think you just underscored Andy's point. > > If trolltech is to be believed, it does. The kde core libraries may > not be GPL, but by using QT we still force people to GPL their > applications. (I agree that it would be very hard to change, but > still it's not impossible) Okay, I said I wouldn't step in anymore... From checking just one application that is auto-started here, I can tell you that as part of the KDE distribution there are licences other than GPL. Check the licence for Noatun. A. -- Andy Fawcett | andy@athame.co.uk | tap@kde.org "In an open world without walls and fences, | tap@lspace.org we wouldn't need Windows and Gates." -- anon | tap@fruitsalad.org