On Friday 15 August 2003 20:37, Kurt Pfeifle wrote: | Some interesting quotes: | | "Siemens Business Systems, the $6 billion global IT consulting | and outsourcing company, has conducted extensive testing with | real-world, non-technical workers and is declaring that Linux | has matured as a desktop and will quickly vault to the #2 | most-installed OS in the world." A few comments from opposite point of view (comparing to other postings) - Siemens Business Systems is not the same as Fujitsu Siemens (PC vendor) It's kind of System Integrator/Consulting company - both IBM and HP are *MUCH BIGGER* than Siemens Business Systems And here is my point: we should not care what Siemens Business Systems is doing/saying (unless they become more favourable to KDE ;-)) Let's concentrate on working with IBM and HP!... Vadim | | "Senior program manager Duncan McNutt, who has overseen Siemens's | testing of Linux desktops with users and administrators in | enterprise settings, believes that Linux will grow quickly as | a desktop OS because it can deliver equal productivity at | significantly lower costs than Windows in very large enterprise | environments -- installations of 4,000 to 40,000 desktops." | | "McNutt says that when Siemens, with 33,000 employees in 44 | countries, initially evaluated Linux as a productivity desktop, | it saw little utility outside of technical departments. 'We | didn't see Linux on the desktop as a major market, but we were | wrong.'" | [...] | | Full article (with more interesting qoutes) at: | http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/08/13/1424212 | | I am asking myself: Has this thrust been prompted be the recent | publication of the KDE <--> Windows XP usability study, | conducted by 'relevantive AG'? | | Cheers, | Kurt -- Best Regards, Vadim Plessky SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released http://svgicons.sourceforge.net