List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Removal of -pedantic and -pedantic-errors from acinclude.m4.in
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-17 14:40:07

Am Sunday 17 August 2003 14:46 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> On Sunday 17 August 2003 13:45, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2003-July/007020.h
> >tml (and the rest of that thread)
>
> Reading that thread, would simply adding -fpermissive not be enough to fix
> the problem? Or does KDE really *want* pedantic errors in configure? And if
> so, why?
If you know another way to detect missing prototypes a different way, send a
patch.

About removing -pedantic we could argue, but it's only triggering warnings.
That's why -pedantic-errors is named -errors - and that's why we use it
in configure as it makes detecting missing prototypes reliable. If FreeBSD
has problems in stdlib.h with gcc 3.3, then perhaps gcc 3.3 should add that
to it's fixincludes script.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini שלום Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화