List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Removal of -pedantic and -pedantic-errors from acinclude.m4.in
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-08-17 13:35:33

On Sunday 17 August 2003 15:46, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Sunday 17 August 2003 13:45, Lauri Watts wrote:
> > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2003-July/00
> >7020.html (and the rest of that thread)
>
> Reading that thread, would simply adding -fpermissive not be enough
> to fix the problem?

As the guy who worked all the patches into the FreeBSD ports of 3.1.3 to
fix these problems, unfortunately it wasn't as simple as that. Of all
the main modules, -fpermissive was only of use with kdegames. In the
other modules, we had to remove the -pedantic altogether.

Because the version of gcc used in FreeBSD-Current is (or was at that
time) a prerelease, I decided not to investigate further from the KDE
side, and settled for something that works with the current compiler
sets. When 3.3.1-final is included, I'll return to the problem, just in
case it's a pre-release bug.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett                                     | andy@athame.co.uk