Havoc Pennington wrote: > On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 11:53:17AM -0400, Navindra Umanee wrote: > >>Oh and btw, that comment about KDE being like Windows is such a crock. >>What did they do, configure KDE to look like Windows in KPersonalizer? >>Or maybe they used Red Hat's BlueCurve and still thought it looked >>more like Windows? Haha. > > > Hey, don't try to blame us for everything. ;-) > > I am fairly sure the study was of Ximian vs. SuSE, not KDE vs. GNOME. > That is, using the default apps and everything provided by those > vendors; KDE and GNOME were not the only thing different about the > setups. I don't know which SuSE was used or how it was set up, but the > spirit of the approach seems to be that they left the defaults as-is. > Also, what I have *heard* (no direct source, it comes "around 2 corners"), is that the study was done more than a 1 year ago, probably using some KDE 2.2.x version. At that time the switch was shifted towards GNOME. They seem to have developed a customized version of a sort of "enterprise desktop" which they are going to roll out soon to their first big customer. Kurt