List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: "filename" or "file name"
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-08-09 16:49:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

Hi,

this might be the wrong place for this question, but nobody replied to
the forwarded message (on kde-doc-english). What's the correct mailing
list for this type of questions?

Regards,
Ingo

["forwarded message" (message/rfc822)]

[Please cc me on reply since I'm not subscribed to kde-doc-english.]

Hi,

just out of curiosity I grepped for "filename" and "file name" in the=20
German kdelibs.po and got the following results:

~/cvs/kde/head/kde-i18n/de/messages> grep -e "\<filename\>" kdelibs.po
msgid "log filename"
"The chosen filename(s) don't\n"
"Make sure every filename is enclosed in double quotes."
"protocol://user:password@www.example.org:port/directory/filename.
extension?qu"
msgid "Choose an alternate filename for the new file."
msgid "Choose a different filename for the destination file."
msgid "You did not enter a filename"
msgid "The output filename is empty."

~/cvs/kde/head/kde-i18n/de/messages> grep -e "\<file name\>" kdelibs.po
msgid "The new file name is empty!"
msgid "Do you want to use another file name?"
msgid "Empty file name!"
msgid "Empty file name."

Now I'm wondering which spelling we should use?

Regards,
Ingo