List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt 3.2 requirement
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-30 9:37:33

On Tuesday 29 July 2003 22:52, Marc Mutz wrote:
> Granted, if some developers in a project willingly or accidently violate
> layering (or any other guidelines), then layering can't work. The
> solution is to educate such developers, not to proclaim that the
> process doesn't work.
I doubt anyone is doubting the process wouldn't work the way you suggest.
The only question remaining is: will we have any developers left after
a year willing to accept education how they are supposed to program
in their free time. I'm sure books about project managment would suggest
all the things you suggest, BUT: there are simply no books about project
management in open source projects afaik. If I'm wrong, give me the
link, I'll buy it today.

Greetings, Stephan