On Tuesday 29 July 2003 22:52, Marc Mutz wrote: > On Tuesday 29 July 2003 21:57, Guillaume Laurent wrote: > > > > That's the whole point : more often than not, you can't practice > > those theories. > > > > Why not? Please explain. Because they can't always be applied. > You can't go around claiming that layering and > fixing causes instead of symptoms doesn't work in practice and not > provide evidence. That's not what I'm claiming. As for evidence, I suggest you try maintaining a large app over all of the KDE3 series. Take Konqueror from HEAD, and hack it until it runs on Qt/KDE 3.0. Try to put your theories in practice, see how well they apply. -- Guillaume. http://www.telegraph-road.org