List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Announce: new kinfocenter firewire module
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-07-15 20:21:01

Hi,

since I didn't get much response on kde-devel, I ask here:

I wrote a small kinfocenter module, which shows some information about all
connected firewire devices.
Screenshot: http://www.neundorf.net/src/view1394-snapshot.png
You can get the sources from http://www.neundorf.net/src/view1394.tar.bz2
It uses libraw1394, so it is linux-only. It consists of only approx. 250 lines
of code, so that I don't think abstracting anything to make it portable to
other platforms makes sense.

Is there a place for it in cvs ?
kdebase, kdeaddons, the extragear ?

Are the any issues with using the word "firewire" ? Should I change it to
"IEEE1394" ?

Bye
Alex
--