List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: introducing brockenboring
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-30 20:42:44

On Saturday 28 June 2003 03:58, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:11:02PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Permission denied? That doesn't sound like a general problem.
>
> It's the only module I get that error message in, and that was after
> I just checked out kdepim.

The reason is that after checking out kdepim the permissions of
Makefile.am.in (and all other files in kdepim/) are 0444, i. e.
Makefile.am.in is write-protected. cvs.sh now simply copies
Makefile.am.in to Makefile.am and then tries to append a line.
Obviously this fails because of the missing write permissions. I don't
know why Makefile.am.in in CVS doesn't have write permissions but a
'chmod u+w Makefile.am' directly after the 'cp Makefile.am.in
Makefile.am' in kde-common/admin/cvs.sh fixes this problem.

Regards,
Ingo