List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: new kde project
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?utf-8?q?Jim=C3=A9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-06-06 12:16:25

El Friday 06 June 2003 02:19, Gav Wood escribió:
> > Anyway, if the general opinion is putting it in kdeutils, I'm ok with
> > that, as long as someone adds a way to quit irkick and restart it.
>
> since it's a kded service, to restart it all you have to do is go into
> kcontrol and under service manager select the lirc entry and press the
> stop button, followed by the start button.

Ok, thanks, I didn't thought of that.

Btw, given that I'm going to stop completely the development of finglonger,
I hope you can implement a few things that I had in mind.
First, it would be nice if you could add a way to configure an icon for
each mode, that way, you could make the kicker icon of irkick change
showing the current mode (I would do it by drawing a semitransparent
version of the "mode icon" over irkick's icon, and possibly reducing it a
few pixels and putting it on the right-bottom corner of irkick's icon).

Also, it would be nice if you could had a look at the way you handle the
dcop arguments. I'm trying to add an action that calls kicker Mixer0
increaseVolume(0) but it doesn't work (Mixer0 is there when you have
kmix's applet in kicker, and the 0 device id is the one for the master
volume).

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez