List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dropping kmidi?
From:       Antonio Larrosa =?iso-8859-1?q?Jim=E9nez?= <larrosa () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-27 23:09:26

El Tuesday 27 May 2003 15:39, Maksim Orlovich escribió:
> On Tue, 27 May 2003, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > Why wait so long?  Software synth allows everyone to use it, but
> > kmid's dependence on hardware makes it less generally useful.  So I
> > suppose if someone slapped some optional software synth into kmid,
> > then we'd be fine, too. :-)

Run latest timidity (not the one from kmidi, I mean, the real timidity++)
with -iA (if I'm not wrong, I'm saying it by memory) and then configure
kmid to use it, et voilá! you have kmid with software synthesizer.
Don't forget to use good patches like the ones from eawpatches.

> Speaking of which, can anyone who has HW synth actually run kmid w/o it
> crashing? There are bug reports to the opposite..

I have real HW and it runs with it and with the soft synth the last time I
tried. I should say that I'm not very good maintainer because I'm really
busy lately (and even more in June :-( ), so I'm afraid I won't have time
to look at it until beginning of July (but definitely before KDE 3.2)

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
KDE developer - larrosa@kde.org