List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New Class: KInputDialog
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-27 8:01:41

On Tuesday 27 May 2003 06:09, Nadeem Hasan wrote:

> The class KInputDialog is intended to be closely source compatible with
> QInputDialog and KLineEditDlg. It provides all the functions of
> QInputDialog and KLineEditDlg and hence should replace the usage of the two
> within KDE. Also, KLineEditDlg would be obsolete if this class is included
> in kdelibs. I have also included the test program to make it easier to try
> it out.

That's definitely a useful addition. There already is a KInputDialog class in
libkdepim, but this doesn't do much other than wrapping QInputDialog.

What I would like to see added to KInputDialog is to use a QListBox instead of
a QComboBox for selecting an entry from a list. This, together with the
possibility to select an entry by double-clicking would make selecting an
entry more convenient.