List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RFC: boolean to disable autocreate in locateLocal
From:       Tobias Koenig <tokoe () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-05-18 12:39:41

Hi,

Could we add a boolean parameter to locateLocal() to avoid
autocreation of the file/directory?
In this way we could use code like the following

  if ( QFile::exists( locateLocal( "data", "mydata.dat", false ) ) )
    do_something();

ATM you have to assemble the path manually with
KStandardDirs::saveLocation()...

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Seperate politics from religion and economy!