On Tuesday 13 May 2003 23:18, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote: > El Tuesday 13 May 2003 09:55, Neil Stevens escribió: > > I would hope that the enforced policy should be something along the lines > > of "MDI should not appear in KDE without explicit user intervention to > > turn it on," but that doesn't seem to be very popular. > > Windows-inside-Windows is very bad idea, but I am a very fan user of tabs, > and other solutions, I agree they have to be turned off by defaults, but I > really think Kdevelop & Quanta & Kate have no sense without those features, > they are very productive for programming, where you usually change a few > lines in each file, and switch between them very fast. > > I oppose to having windows-in-windows MIDI in kdelibs, but I agree to have > other solutions as optional features in some apps, like what Konqueror, > Quanta, Kdevelop and Kate are doing right now, if you hear user opinions, > tabbed browsing is a *must have* , users simply love it. > > Cheers > Duncan Yes, I completely agree. Bye Alex -- Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de Home: neundorf@kde.org - http://www.kde.org alex@neundorf.net - http://www.neundorf.net