Le Mardi 29 Avril 2003 19:27, Guillaume Laurent a écrit : > Everybody agrees the STL is harder to use and less well documented than Qt. I don't. It is less intuitive at first than Qt because it's model is different than most people expect ( works on ranges, not containers directly ). But once you get the hang of it, it is very nice. The containers are better designed as well, IMHO. The problem with STL is the different qualities of implementations. Good implementations are better than QTL, bad implementations are worse. The trend is towards good implementations, however. As for the documentation, both http://www.dinkumware.com/refxcpp.html and http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/documentation.html do a wonderful job IMO. Plus, I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a C++ programmer to have a basic grasp of STL. The error message problem is a real one. Although a good implementation (of lib and compiler) does help there as well. Regards, -- Luis Pedro Coelho check out my game of hearts for the KDE at http://hearts.sf.net