On Thursday 20 March 2003 09:01, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Ralf Nolden wrote: > >Anyone who has a clue what's going on here ? > > Actually, I think I do now. I had seen someone complain about this error > before, but my inspection to the code turned out that the situation was > close to impossible. > > >kdecore (KSocket): ERROR: KExtendedSocket::connectionEvent() called but no > >data available! > > This provided an insight: > >#7 0x415aae87 in KMCupsManager::completePrinterShort () > > from /usr/lib/kde3/kdeprint_cups.so > > That function creates a socket with asynchronous connection and kills it > off after 2 seconds. I don't know where the fault is, but I guess some > signals are being emitted and then received by the deleted object. That > could explain the error above. From what I can tell, KExtendedSocket async calls continue to run after the destructor is called. If this is indeed the case, please apply a patch to KExtendedSocket to cancel asynchronous actions in the destructor. I put a hack in the cups code for now. -- George Staikos