List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: StatusBar in KMainWindow
From:       Benjamin Meyer <ben () meyerhome ! net>
Date:       2003-03-13 12:32:18

[snip/
> This might be a little too intrusive IMHO. The app will have no way to
> choose whether it wants this action or not.
> And in e.g. Konqueror we don't want it (there isn't a single statusbar,
> but one per view).

Hmmm maybe have a functions called manageStatusBar(bool) and
manageToolBars(bool).  That way developers could still have control and
choose if they want KMainWindow to manage it or to do it themselves still.

> I think we rather need a dedicated class, KToggleStatusBar, like we have
> KToggleToolBar, that does all the magic behind the scenes, but one still
> has to create it explicitly using KStdAction::showStatusbar.

How could you fix the bug of KMainWindow not knowing when the statusbar is
hidden/shown with that approch?

Also KToggleToolBarAction is marked as "@obsolete. toolbar actions are created
automatically now in the Settings menu. Don't use this anymore"

-Benjamin Meyer