List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: glib in kdesupport: yes or no?
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2003-03-10 20:02:05

On Monday 10 March 2003 20:41, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>  - as part of the desire to use D-BUS securely as a systemwide daemon,
>    it is handling out of memory errors, instead of simply exiting as
>    GNOME and KDE apps normally do.

How so ? Reading the thread on the d-bus mailing list, I couldn't find if you
had reached any conclusion.

I've read numerous discussions on the matter, and the conclusion pretty much
always boils down that there's not much you can do in OOM conditions, beyond
exiting gracefully (and this requires an exception framework).

Hope your nerves are holding :-).

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org