On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Jason Keirstead wrote: > On March 6, 2003 07:16 pm, Scott Wheeler wrote: > > On Friday 07 March 2003 0:01, Jason Keirstead wrote: > > > If people are open to this idea I would volenteer to do the coding for > > > it, I already made a check as you type plugin for Kopete whose need would > > > be eliminated if this avenue was > > > persued. > > > > Don and I have kicked this around some. Basically it's pretty easy once > > the highlighter class is ready to be moved to kdelibs. But it's not. I've > > already added highlighting in KHTML text boxes to the feature plan. This > > will be the means. In fact we had a working prototype, it's just not ready > > to go in. > > Ah ok. I wasn't sure the development was being coordinated. Nice to see though. > > One thing I have in my plugin that I miss in KMail is the ability to right click on a > misspelled word and get the list of possible corrections. Any plans for this in the > KTextEdit ? Please, don't forget that QTextEdit can have associated only a single QSyntaxHighlighter! Apps would need to subclass the spellchecker highlighter to implement it's own syntax highlighting. Stanislav