On Sunday 09 March 2003 18:55, Ralf Nolden wrote: > Another question is what will become out of the xrandr kcm module in > kdenonbeta. AFAIK it requires patching kdelibs and has stuff that will be > in Qt 3.2. Yes, Qt 3.2 is a run-time dependency. I'm happy to continue maintainership of the module. Thanks to Lubos (most of) the kde patches have been integrated into cvs, we just need to remove the #ifdef XRANDR_SUPPORT when we require qt 3.2. > If we assume that KDE 3.2 can possibly require Qt 3.2 and those patches in > kdenonbeta for xrandr support are included by Trolltech (we need to make > that sure - Harri, Matthias, anyone ?) and the patches for kdelibs are in > place this module should be included in KDE 3.2 so we have direct XFree 4.3 > support (which is what many people will be using anyway by then through > their distros). A configure.in.in can check for the presence of the XFree > header file extensions so that the kcm module only gets compiled if XFree > 4.3 is present during compile time. We have that configure.in.in check already, in kdenonbeta/kcmrandr. There is one problem still with the qt randr support (unless it's been resolved?) that makes including this in a release a bit problematic: font sizes in running apps are incorrect after changing resolutions (they need to be updated, and the gui re-layout-ed I'd say). Cheers, Hamish.