On Friday 07 March 2003 19:15, Maks Orlovich wrote: > Pointless use of virtual functions is of course wasteful. Last time I actually tried to measure how "wasteful" that was (repeated calls to a function doing a sqrt(), virtual or not), I had to raise the number of iterations to 1 million before there was any measurable difference (about 1 second out of 20 or so). That was on a P-III 600 MHz. 'virtual' overhead will be drowned in statistic noise as soon as your function is doing anything serious, like IO. -- Guillaume http://www.telegraph-road.org