List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: As-you-type spell checking and color quoting implemented in the
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-21 18:01:48

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 15:10, Don Sanders wrote:
> The original code is by Trolltech AS and I ported it to KMail and
> KSpell. It's based on the new QSyntaxHighlighter class.

What are the changes? Can't they be contributed back into
QSyntaxHighlighter? I mean, you're sitting at the source...

The other question is: How does that relate to the planned rich text
editing (composing basic t/enriched and t/html) in KMail? Is there a
way to coexist for the two? Won't that be confusing to the user ("What
will be sent how? Is every mail I compose now automatically rich text
b/c the quoted text is coloured?")?

Marc

--
History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.