On Friday 17 January 2003 07:15, Christian Loose wrote: > Hi! > > I want to propose a more organized effort to add a system-wide support for > CVS (and other vcs like Subversion) to KDE. Right now we have a lot of code > duplication. > > - Cervisia with its new CVS DCOP service > - KDevelop with cvs and svn part > - KBabel with libcvs > - Quanta uses Cervisia (AFAIK) > - and in the future maybe more (Kate, KFileDialog?) > > The two parts that might be interesting for code reuse (IMO) are a layer > which provides easy access to the functionality of the command line client > and a GUI layer with the dialogs to display the data (like the Browse Log > dialog of Cervisia). I thought about this too. I think the killer implementation would be one in kfiledialog. If kfd had cvs integrated.... it would basically make all apps cvs capable, and it would make cvs truly transparent I think. -- George Staikos