List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdirwatch.cpp: DNotify also in RH8 kernel V2.4.18
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-12 15:49:14

On Sunday 12 January 2003 02:57, Karl Vogel wrote:
> Something I accidently noticed when starting konqueror.. Apparently the
> DNotify code isn't used when the Linux kernel is below V2.4.19, but the
> kernel from RH8.0 which is 2.4.18 does have DNotify support.
>
> Was there are reason for selecting V2.4.19?! Or is this an oversight?!

The question is not whether it has DNotify support, the question is whether it
has buggy or non-buggy DNotify support.

I believe it was officially fixed in 2.4.19 but distributions can have
backported that fix to older versions of course.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com