List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: kde-optimize@ mailing list
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2003-01-08 11:58:38

 Hello,

 there has been set up a new list called kde-optimize@kde.org, dedicated to
working on optimizing KDE (the subscribe address is the usual
kde-optimize-request@kde.org).

 I'd like to stress the word 'working'. This mailing list is not for people
who would only complain (or other similar things that wouldn't result in
something useful). In other words, this list is for developers, who are
willing to actively work on optimizing KDE, or who have the knowledge to help
others with doing so (I guess that means you can also try your luck if you
need to advice with optimizing your app).

 As a futile attempt to make sure nobody misses the thing written in the
previous paragraph, I'll put next to it this:
http://dforce.sh.cvut.cz/~seli/download/tips.html (It's a page with a handful
of tips how to make your KDE start faster/use less memory, mostly based on an
older mail from me. Feel free to send me more good tips.) If you qualify only
as Joe User (no offense), that's the only possibly interesting thing for you
in this mail.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer