List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Clock time doesn't show background image - bug?
From:       Trevor Harmon <trevor () vocaro ! com>
Date:       2002-12-16 10:34:10

> I looked at your patch and I'm not sure if that's the way we want to do
> it. In Qt, backgroundMode of WindowOrigin works much better than
> X11ParentRelative for tiling across widgets.

The X11ParentRelative stuff was already there. Take a look at the existing
kdebase/kicker/applets/clock/clock.cpp in CVS. It uses X11ParentRelative to
make the date widget transparent. I was simply extending this technique to
the time widget. Some additional work was needed because the existing clock
code insists on setting a background color even when "Use custom colors" is
turned off.

> I'm planning to switch some drawing code in Kicker in the next two weeks
> while adding translucency to it so please bare with me while I'm
> working on it.

OK, no big deal as long as the bug gets fixed eventually. I think you might
have your work cut out for you, but let me know if I can help.

Should I file a bug report as a reminder?

Trevor