On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Jason Mott wrote: > Thanks for your input, it makes a lot of sense. Once I looked at the Qt code, > I'm thinking extending may not work very well for adding > subscripts/superscripts -- as it would be much more efficient to do it when > the numbers are rendered. So -- either I may have to start over with a new > widget, or I may need to see if Trolltech takes patches (are there any > Troltech people on the this list? Do you take patches?). Sure we do. But as a general rule a feature should be need by more than user to make sense in a library. Same is true of kdelibs, of course. I suggest that you start hacking on the widget in your app, collect feedback and let it "ripe" for a while. After it has reached a stable and useful state bring up the suggestion for an inclusion in kdelibs again. This gives you more freedom and ensures that something good comes out of it. Harri.