List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: queryExit is called twice
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2002-12-13 12:52:14

On Thursday 12 of December 2002 19:27, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I just noticed that with today's CVS, queryExit is called twice which
> results in a crash on exit for some apps. I corrected Quanta (to use
> queryClose instead queryExit), but e.g the old KDevelop and possibly other
> old apps may crash, so I would like to let you know, maybe it's really a
> bug in kdelibs.

 Yes, it's because of my recent change. Should be fixed now.

 However, the apps are not supposed to crash in such case. One is not supposed
to do cleanup in queryExit(), e.g.

http://lxr.kde.org/source/kdemultimedia/aktion/principal.cpp#L306
http://lxr.kde.org/source/kdegames/kbackgammon/engines/fibs/kbgfibs.cpp#L660

 will most probably misbehave when e.g. cancelling a shutdown. I actually
personally consider queryExit() to be a flawed design.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer