List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.1: delayed
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-06 16:52:59

On Friday 06 December 2002 17:15, Stephan Binner wrote:
> Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > The users have been waiting for 3.1 very long now. A source release is
> >
> > IMHO better than none at all, especially when it contains security fixes.
> > Security fixes for what?
>
> For all leaks found between RC5 (or even RC4) and release next year? Will
> there be an additional RC after the security audit has been finished or
> will you tell people "We made security fixes, but sorry - you're running
> a release candidate and will have to wait for fixes until next year."?

If you are running an alpha/beta or RC version you are pretty much on your own
as far as I am concerned, yes. That said, RC5 will have the most grave issues
fixed.

> I miss too information on what RC5 and Final will be based?

KDE_3_1_BRANCH according to Dirk.

> Additional question to you: How does a further delay affect the KDE 3.2
> release plan? How many months? Will it be based on from now or January?

I suggest you ask Stephan Kulow, since he seems to become the release
coordinator for 3.2.

Cheers,
Waldo
--