On Thursday 05 December 2002 16:05, George Staikos wrote: > Yes all of those things of course would be supported. However I was > hoping for something even more generic. I was hoping for a backend which > can store QDataStream/QByteArray type data, but then having a frontend API > for storing common things like passwords. Ok, but you still need some way for applications to find such a blob. > Note: I need to be able to store X.509 > certificate requests somewhere and I think this is a good place. This is > yet another reason for a very generic backend. What are the requirements for this? I guess the user should be able to store several certificates and assign names to them. Is there anything else that is neccessary? (like retrieving a certificate for a certain URL or host) I still don't understand the API of KWalletEntry. Let's take the HTML form as example. I assume that the values of the form should be somehow encoded into the value blob. What are the keys? Why can a blob have several keys? How can an application find the blobs of a URL? > The idea was that this would hook into the existing kde password > dialog. Dawit? Any updates here? The password dialog alone is not able to store the password, at least not without some additional hints - it can not know the URL to associate with the passwords. For html forms you want a URL with path but without query, for most file protocols you want the hostname and its port. Each protocol could have different requirements. > Now the question is, are you serious about working on the frontend and > API for this? Yes. bye...