List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    BIC?
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de> (by way of Klas Kalass <klas ! kalass () gmx ! de>)
Date:       2002-11-11 16:20:40

(repost from a mail to devel, but with additional information)

Hi ,

I tried to run kile, compiled for KDE 3 (I verified that it runs with KDE
3.0.5 / QT 3.0.5) under KDE 3.0.98 / Qt 3.1.0 (both CVS from 8.11 -
compilation takes really long here).

First it seems to load fine (splashscreen is shown), but then it aborts with
 a relocation error:

kile: relocation error: /opt/kde_cvs/lib/libkonsolepart.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN11QMetaObject14new_metaobjectEPKcPS_PK9QMetaDataiS5_iPK13QMetaPropertyiPK9
QMetaEnumiPFbP7QObjectiiP8QVariantEPK10QClassInfoi

Yes, I removed the builddir prior to compilation and did a "make -f
admin/Makefile.common cvs-clean"

After a look at the sourcecode for kile I saw that it loads libkonsolepart
with KLibLoader
---------
    KLibFactory *factory = KLibLoader::self()->factory("libkonsolepart");
    if (!factory) return;

    part = (KParts::ReadOnlyPart *) factory->create(this);
--------

It seems to use the konsolepart cleanly (i.e. does not rely on a non-public
header for it), so I think the error is not in the konsolepart directly.

Please tell me that it is some error on my side...

(gcc 3.2, Mandrake 9.0)

Greetings,
  Klas