List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New KAccel bug?
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () virtualartisans ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 8:23:09

On 2002. October 30., Wednesday 10:49, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 10:29:19PM -0800, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
> > I'll check this out when I get home from work tonight.  However as far as
> > I recall, KAccel doesn't know about the existence of Qt::Key_Shift (which
> > would be needed in order to form the Qt::CTRL+Qt::Key_Shift shortcut),
> > and so it shouldn't be possible under any circumstances I can think of
> > for KAccel to have passed this key along to QAccel...
> >
> > Have you seen this in any other programs?  It'd be a lot more convenient
> > for me to debug if it shows up in kmail or kdebase programs, since I
> > don't have a current copy of kdenetworking on my machine in order to
> > compile knode.
>
> I can reproduce the bug in Konq: Pressing Ctrl+Shift launches the
> 'Execute Shell Action' (Ctrl+E) action for me (in filemanagement) .
>
> Simon

Hi,
I've just tested and cannot reproduce. Ctrl-Shift or Ctrl-Alt doesn't bring up
anything unless you press another Key. I've assigned Ctrl-E to an action (run
command) in Konq, Ctrl-Alt-M to maximize windows, and they work alright and
nothing happens alone for Ctrl-Shift, Ctrl-Alt.

kaccel.cpp version 1.137
kaccel.h version 1.90

Maybe this can help you to track down the problem. (But maybe not as Ellis
made the patch agains kaccel.cpp 1.137).

Andras