On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 01:07:08PM +0200, Ingo Klöcker wrote: > On Sunday 20 October 2002 10:23, Simon Hausmann wrote: > > On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 09:45:43AM +0200, Ellis Whitehead wrote: > > > My statement above was the product of a mis-thought. *grin* > > > However, there are a couple problems with doing the processing in > > > keyPressEvent. The biggest one is that all QAccels would have > > > priority over KDE accels: i.e., navigation shortcuts would be > > > activated instead of accelerators. The other > > > > Ah, I see. What navigation shortcuts would that be? > > For example the navigation shortcuts in QListViews. QListViews eat all > letters (jump to entry which starts with this letter) and many arrow > key shortcuts. Often this is not desired. One example is KMail where we > handle the navigation in the folder pane and the header pane completely > on our own because we want the navigation to work always the same > regardless of which of the three (or four) main widgets in the KMail > main window currently has focus. Ah, I see. But as QListView does not use accelerators for this it should be easy to customize from KMail's side (as per Martijns suggestion for example) . I don't see any relation to accelerators, but I might be missing something... Simon