List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: whats up with kmail ???
From:       Alexander Neundorf <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-10-07 19:15:42

On Monday 07 October 2002 15:49, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Monday 07 October 2002 05:59, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I found several problems with kmail from three days ago:
> >
> > -in the messages listview there is vertical scrollbar displayed
>
> ? Columns extend beyond your viewpane and therefore there's a scrollbar.

Should have read: "there is *no* vertical scrollbar displayed, only the gray
backgropund of the scrollbar.

Well, restarting kmail helped, strange anyways.

> > -where has the rmb-menu item "post to mailing list" gone ?
>
> Gone. Usability thing. Use Message->"New Messsage To Mailing-List".

Well, IMO this was a nice feature :-/

> > -switching between folders takes (approx. 2000 mails each) takes
> > sometimes really long (no, not on my old K6/200, but on the new XP
> > 2000+), something like 10 seconds and above.
>
> This one shouldn't happen. Can you run it under gdb and see where it's
> stuck? (in fact you may use kcachegrind).

Could it be related to the mail storage format, mbox and maildir ?
There is default set to "maildir", but I guess my mails are in mbox (I didn't
do anything, just what I have since I use kmail since some years).

I'll have a closer look at it.

Bye
Alex