List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule reminder
From:       Frerich Raabe <raabe () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-02 9:32:31

On Wednesday 02 October 2002 01:03, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> as we'll announce KDE 3.1 beta2 today, I suggest that we go into the deep
> freeze period now. Which means:
>
> - No further i18n string changes

I'd say fixing existing english strings (like, fixing typos or
incorrect/outdated explanations of what a program does) can be considered
bugfixing and thus should be allowed even though it implies changing i18n
strings.

To avoid the usual "They changed stuff behind our back" threads on
kde-i18n-doc, we could possibly use something like "Commit message fixes on
Friday's only" again, which is IMHO a good compromise between the two
arguments "Fix bugs in the user interface and documentation" and "Avoid
duplicate work for the translation people.".

Perhaps a script could also instantly mark all message commits done on
Friday's as "done" instead of "fuzzy" so that KBabel doesn't go all wild.

- Frerich