Hi, I've committed to kdelibs a patch that allows to specify whether you want to have a declined form of month in dates. It is important for at least slavic languages where: (cz) January = leden 10 January 2002 = 10 ledna 2002 (pl) January = styczeń 10 January 2002 = 10 stycznia 2002 The patch adds new strings to kdelibs/kdecore "of January", "of February" etc. You may omit these new strings if your language doesn't use declined forms of months. Two config keys govern the behaviour (NounDeclension and DateMonthNamePossessive in entry.desktop). Only if both are set to true the new behaviour is used. The patch also adds a checkbox to kdebase/kcontrol/locale Date&Time module. The checkbox controls the state of DateMonthNamePossessive key and is visible only if you have NounDeclension = true. So for English, French and others nothing should change. Please note that even with new behaviour chosen, the old format is still recognized by readDate function. Crossposting to kde-core-devel and kmail as this affects kdecore. Kmail is affected that the date put during reply formation may change. I have posted the patch on kde-core-devel some 4 weeks ago and have received no critisism of it so I assumed I had a "go" :-) It's been working for me since then. Regards, Jacek Stolarczyk -- jstolarz@kde.org Coordinator of Polish translations of KDE Regards,