List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??
From:       Gervase Markham <gerv () mozilla ! org>
Date:       2002-08-28 10:43:45

> And IMHO quality of bugs reported to bugs.kde.org is *much higher* than for
> Mozilla.

There is one fairly simple reason for this. Unix/Linux users normally have
far more clue than your average punter. Mozilla is available for Windows.

Every release we make (every five weeks) gets well over 100,000 downloads.
And sometimes it seems like all 100,000 people report the same obvious bug
(which is in the release notes.)

> Information is difficult to find, and system is not very responsive.

It's not very responsive because it's heavily used :-) We are trying to get
the server upgraded, but getting money for anything is difficult.

Gerv