List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??
From:       Raffaele Sandrini <sandrini () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-20 16:35:05

On Tuesday 20 August 2002 09:40, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Actually if you think like that, you didn't work as developer with the
> system. Quality of bug reports is much higher rated than quantity. We don't
> want people to enter a fake address and enter "it sucks", we want them to
> be aware, that they become part of the development process when they enter
> bugs.
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Hi Stephan

Actually you're right... I rethought the thing and came also to the descicion
that this issue produces more "accurate" bug reports. I have also to add that
i was easly able to report the bugs to mozilla i just think that a normal
user wich only understands what he sees not whats behind has no chance to
fill an accurate bug (wich does not have to be altered by developpers) in
that system. So if we are really thinking to change to bugzilla then we
should make it much simpler hat mozilla did. I think that the basic system to
fill the bugs in our current system is ok and doable by a "normal" user.
Aditionally its really important that every devlopper can change every bug
(like its today). (i don't know how that is managed in mozilla though).

When will you decide on this?

cheers,
Raffaele

--