On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Stephan Kulow wrote: Hi, > On Sunday 18 August 2002 13:38, Stephan Binner wrote: > > On Sunday 18 August 2002 13:05, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > the bug system isn't really maintained as it is. > > > from my look at bugzilla, it seems to solve all this. > > > > This means you volunteer to maintain it? > Well, I volunteer to set it up and do the migration. For problems that > come up with bugzilla itself, I hope, the bugzilla developers will help m= e :) > Well, I will volunteer to help where I can with problems with bugzilla. I t= hink it is a very good idea to switch to bugzilla. Bugprocessing is a very compl= ex thing and IMHO Bugzilla is quite feature rich and in production on many sit= es. The code of bugzilla is not in very nice perl, indeed. That means that puta= tive small changes to the bugzilla functionality turn out to be quite lot of (ug= ly) work. That was also true for changes to the gui, but a few weeks ago, Bugzi= lla 2.16 was released which brought code cleanups and, and that is most importa= nt, the gui fully customizable using templates. IMHO it is a good approach to strip the query page to have a subset of the offered search options. I never realised who should and _wants_ to use the 'boolean chart' stuff. There are some things which must be decided before the migration to bugzill= a starts. Bugzilla is organised in Products, Products have components. Versio= ns are the attribute of the Product while components have people who have to c= are for them, the 'initial owner' which has to be defined. The initial owner ta= kes care of the bug if the poster of the bug does not provide an assignee. Furthermore Bugzilla has a quite powerfull permission system. There are Gro= ups for products and more general bugs. For example, there could be a permissio= n Group 'can read and security bugs'. For Products, groups can also be define= d, like 'khtml product group' as long as kthml is a product. All defined group= s can be assigned to people, even automatically using regexps. That restricts the= bug visibility. The product, component and permission system must be decided before we star= t to migrate. Regards, Klaas > --=20 Wenn du einen Schneck behauchst Klaas Freitag Schrumpft er ins Gehaeuse, * mail freitag@suse.de Wenn du ihn in Kognak tauchst, SuSE Labs, Nuernberg Sieht er wei=DFe Maeuse - Ringelnatz, Ueberall #