List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kxkb gui butchered?
From:       <l.lunak () email ! cz>
Date:       2002-08-16 11:10:08

> Is it just me or has someone completely butchered the kxkb GUI in KDE C=
VS?

 Yes. Since the day the keyboard and keyboard layout (or whatever it was =
called) modules have been merged.

> I wanted to fix the bug where unchecking "Enable Keyboard layouts" fail=
ed to disable the other tabs (because unchecking "Enable Keyboard Layouts=
" means that kxkb does not get launched at all).  I updated first and now=
 kxkb is twice as high as it was before, does not even fit on the screen,=
 and the tabs are all in the wrong order.
> I went ahead and did my patch anyway.  Is it good? Can I commit?

 I think rather not. Some settings don't require kxkb. Some of them are c=
opies from the accessibility module, others like numlock setting or key r=
epeating are handled by the control module itself. There's no reason to d=
isable them if kxkb is disabled.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak@suse.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org