Marc Mutz writes: > On Monday 12 August 2002 12:03, Dominique Devriese wrote: > > > you can achieve the same effect by doing > > namespace std { > > extern "C" { > > #include "math.h" > > } > > } > > > Sorry to come back again to this subject, but no, it's not the same > as > #include . The latter provides overloaded mathematical > functions > for double, float and long double, where with math.h, you'll need to > either define them on your own or use foo, foof, fool. > > Example: abs is overloaded to span fabs, fabsf, and fabsl. oops, you're right, forgot about that... you're prolly going to have to work with the C functions like that... what i meant with "the same effect" was that you get the benefits of namespaces in your program, but due to the C linkage, std::fabs still looks like fabs to the linker... cheers domi -- I've got an IDEA!! Why don't I STARE at you so HARD you forget your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!!