List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Control Center
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-04 23:11:01

On Sunday 04 August 2002 22:49, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> one of the strengths of the kde control center is in inclusivity; if th=
ey
> want to configure something they go the control center.

Then Konsole module would have to stay and KMail's be integrated too. ;-)

> it hasn't ended up with the removal of the look 'n feel category (thoug=
h i
> remember that being one of the goals) and has given us categories such =
as

Was this a goal? I remember "Personalization" was planned to be removed b=
e-
cause "it's all about personalization" but I find "Look & Feel" a good te=
rm
for what it now contains: GUI related settings which apply to every KDE a=
pp.

> "advanced" (what belongs in advanced? more importantly: how can a user

Settings rarely used by only a couple of users is my best description. :-=
)

> previous to this round of changes i had gone through and counted duplic=
ate
> or redundant panels and figured we could eliminate probably a quarter o=
> the panels through combination and reorganization while reducing the
> complexity and increasing the clarity of each! the problem is only more

If you already figured it where is your list :-)? Anyway thanks for opini=
on.

Bye,
   Steve