List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: 'Follow the leader' dialogs
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-08-04 21:12:58

On Sunday 04 August 2002 21:50, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Sunday 04 August 2002 15:13, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  Kind of. I simply don't see 'why' and especially 'when'.
>
> Fair enough.
> o why  - to keep some form association between dialogs and parents if
> the title is highly non-descriptive (e.g. -title = 'Save Changes' ,
> -text = 'Do you want to save this document', -buttons = 'OK','Cancel')
> o when - whenever you have a couple of things opened and some of them
> have the 'automatic save every x minutes' feature turned on, suddenly a
> dialog pops out with a text like in the above example and the user is
> left trying to figure out which window does this dialog belong to,
> o why2 - in case where you are not ready to respond to some dialogs of
> one of the applications you have had opened and just want to move them
> (for example to a different viewport),
> o when2 - when you're working with multiple applications at the same
> time.

Hmm, against which problem does this feature help in this case ?
I move all main windows and if I notice that the dialog moves too I know to
which app it belongs ? Hmm......

If I move a main window of a KDE app to another desktop, open dialogs move too
to the new desktop, this is already implemented (at least the find window of
kate and kmail).

Bye
Alex